Wednesday 1 June 2016

The Grace of Humility(June 1)

"Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth."  Numbers 12:3    
 
Humility is an attitude of dependence on God.  It is an attitude that practices reverence and respect for God and others.  Humility is the manifestation of wisdom.  "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2. 
 
Moses was described as a very humble man even though he was the exalted leader, prince in Egypt, and a deliverer of millions of Israelis slaves.  He was revered and famous throughout the Middle Eastern Empires, yet he never lost sight of the fact that God was his Source of Glory.  He practiced the Presence of God to ensure the continued favor of God in his life. 
 
Even after his tremendous victory against Pharaoh and the armies of Egypt, his prayer to God was: "You have been telling me, 'Lead these people,' but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, 'I know you by name and you have found favor with me.' If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." Exodus 33:12-13.
 
Moses practiced a principle of success: For every victory and for every level of achievement, bow your knees to God and remain in humble dependence on His continued grace. "But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:  "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."  Humility is the grace of confidence with meekness, and strength in control.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
The grace of humility is my weapon against the Prince of Pride

@Dr.Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment

beauty