Thursday 12 April 2018

Choose your God



"If serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.  But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."  Joshua 24:15.
 
The power of choice is one of your greatest asset.  Joshua told the Israelites to make two important choices:
1) Choose your God.  You can choose Jesus Christ as your Savior or live by default for evil power to control your life. The bible describes two controlling power of every person - God or the Devil.  Those who believe in the LORD Jesus Christ have chosen Him as their Savior, Owner, and His Kingdom of Heaven as their eternal home.  Those who ignore Him, despise Him or reject Him has also chosen their eternal future without God.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16.
 
2) Choose your family shall serve God.  Create a culture of Godliness in your family.  A family that prays together stays together.  Because family is made up of imperfect people, a commitment to God helps to preserve the commitment to each other.  A reporter asked an expatriate worker in the Middle East: "What motivate you to endure all the hardships, discriminations, injustices, and loneliness?"  The expatriate answered, "The thought that I'm doing all these for my family!" 
 
God did more than that for His family that includes you.  He made an important choice and He died to give you life; He suffered to give you peace; and He lives to give you eternal life with Him forever.
God chose you, now you can make the choice to choose Him. "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved - you and your household."  Acts 16:31. Your choice today could affect your families for generations. 
 
Pray this simple prayer: "Dear Jesus, I believe in you.  I thank you Jesus for dying on the cross to save my family and I.  Forgive me for all my imperfections and sins.  I receive you as my personal Savior and Lord.  Amen."  Begin to read the Bible and ask Him to lead you to a Church where you can grow strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
I choose Jesus Christ as my Savior, Lord, and Eternal King.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: 1 Samuel 19-21; Luke 11:29-54


@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment