Thursday 27 April 2017

Total Dependence on God

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed."  Mark 1:35  
 
Jesus lived His life in total dependence on His Father and the Holy Spirit who guided and empowered Him for miracles and strength to complete His mission on earth. "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him."
 
He kept His mission ever before Him and the people.  As a boy of twelve, Jesus said to his mother: "I must be about My Father's business."  Luke 2:49. He said to His disciples,"I must work the works of Him who sent me." John 9:4. "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me, and to finish His work." John 4:34. He lived to please His Heavenly Father.
 
His times were in His Father's hands. He prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you." John 17:1. He was preparing Himself for the darkest hour of His life - the cross.  As a man, He struggled with the thought of bearing the sins of the world when He was without sin; with the pain of being forsaken as he slumped helplessly on the cross. He prayed for fresh glory for the inevitable.  He would go through it alone and He would be alone among the people.
 
Jesus depended on His Father through all the seasons of His life.  He drew glory from His Father and Power from the Holy Spirit. If Jesus needed constant direction, strength, power, and glory in all the seasons of His life, then so do we.  If Jesus needed daily empowerment for all His duties, then so do we.  David says, "In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3. Let us look to God every day in prayer for guidance and strength in every way.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped."  Psalm 28:7.
 

@Dr Pat Francis
@tommy chayil

No comments:

Post a Comment