Thursday 29 June 2017

Perfect love drives out fear

"There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment (torment).  The one who fears is not made perfect in love."  1 John 4:18.  
 
If we examine ourselves it is amazing how much we operate by fear.  We fear what others may say about us so we allow ourselves to be controlled by them.  We fear what others may do to us so we are controlled by peer pressure.  We fear what others are thinking about us so our own imaginations are filled with fearful thoughts of guilt and bitterness.  Let's make some vows.  "I will fear no evil!"  "I will not fear what man can do to me!"  "I will not fear failure!"  "No fear here!"  
 
God is with us and He is in control.  He holds our future in His hands.  Our declaration is: "I will fear (revere, respect, honor) the Lord my God, Him only will I fear."  Here are some benefits of 'fearing God':
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Psalm 111:10. "The fear of the LORD adds length to life." Proverb 10:27. "The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death." Proverb 14:27. "Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life." Proverb 22:4.
 
Allow God's perfect love to drive out negative fear from your heart and fill you with faith in the power of God in you, with you and for you.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.
 
@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment