Sunday 17 February 2019

Remaining in God


    
           
Remaining in God

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Gal. 5:22-23.
The Holy Spirit of God is the spiritual life-force that works in and through us to bear His fruit in this world. The fruit of the Spirit is the character, values, and nature of God. As we grow in Christ, we nurture and develop the fruit of the Spirit that are opposite to the selfish nature of mankind.
 
The bible tells us how to grow so that we might show more of the fruit of God: "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:4.
 
How do we "remain" in God:
1) Daily prayer. As we meet with God in praise and in prayer our human spirit will remain connected to His Holy Spirit so that we can receive from Him encouragement, information, ideas, revelation, correction, and instruction.
2) Daily read His Word. The Bible is the voice of God. It contains His word, His will, and His principles. As you read His word daily, you will get to know Him more and be transformed into His likeness.
3) Obey God. When you obey God He sees your obedience as love for Him. "If you love me, you will obey what I command." John 14:15.
4) Serve God. Help others in Church, home, workplace, and in areas as God opens the doors. God honors those who serve Him. "Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." John 12:26
 
As you remain in God, His powerful Holy Spirit will make you glorious to bear much fruit for the praise of His Glory.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
I praise God from whom all blessings come as I serve Him in His Church and in all areas of opportunities.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: Leviticus 17-18; Matthew 27:27-50.

@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment

@OeO Glam house