Monday 10 June 2019

His Yoke is easy and His burden light

    
           
His Yoke is easy and His burden light

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt. 11:28-30.  
 
Jesus, your Gentle Shepherd is making you a great offer to off-load all your burdens to Him in exchange for His rest. The word 'yoke' in the Bible in a negative sense is symbolic of bondage, frustrating religious rites, punishment, guilt, and fear. But God is offering to you His yoke that binds you to Him for unlimited power to endure, and strength to over come. His yoke for you is easy because when you are 'yoked' with Him, He carries YOU and your burdens.
 
God's thoughts toward you are gentle and preserving, loving and caring, correcting and coaching, forgiving and helping.

1) Daily meet with Him in prayer and off-load all your burdens, one by one.   Don't allow things to pile up on you. You are not made to carry heavy burdens on your back as some animals do. Pray and release them one by one to Jesus your Burden-Bearer.
2) Take up His yoke and grow in wisdom. When yoked to Him you have His continued guidance and instructions. He has a plan for your prosperity, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.
 
God's yoke is easy because He not only gives you a dream, but He provides for you wisdom, sponsors, teachers, helpers, and encouragement every day as you meet with Him in prayer. God is with you forever.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
I am yoked to God to draw from Him strength, wisdom, grace and glory.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: Ezra 1-2; John 19:23-42.

@Dr Pat Francis
@Chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment

@OeO Glam house