Saturday 28 March 2020

The Seven Last Words Of Jesus


      
           
The Seven Last Words Of Jesus

"And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard His cry and saw how He died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!" Mark 15:39.
 
Words from a dying person can be remorseful, fearful, resentful or sad but for Jesus, His last words were deliberate, confident, and intentional:
1) "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing. Luke 23:34.
Forgiveness is an act of faith not feelings. No one deserves forgiveness. It is an opportunity for mercy because we all need mercy.
2) "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:43.
Jesus said this to a dying thief who was also on a cross beside Him. It is never too late for God's mercy.
3) "Dear woman behold your son, son behold your mother." John 19:25-27.
Even in the midst of His torture Jesus took care of His mother.
4) "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani, which means, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46
Jesus spoke in Aramaic, the language He used as a child. He went back into His childhood to appeal to His Father's heart. Jesus knows the pain of an abandoned child.
5) "I thirst." John 19:28
He who is the source of living water denied Himself to become for us the water of life.
6) "It is finished." John 19:30.
He declared His mission accomplished. Our sins were paid for in full.
7) "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Luke 23:46.
He gave up His life for you and all people. He rose again three days later and remains today the risen Christ, Savior, Lord, and King of Glory.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
Jesus Christ is my Savior, Lord, and King of Glory.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: Judges 4-6; Luke 4:31-44.

No comments:

Post a Comment