Sunday 20 May 2018

Choose better over bitter



"Don't call me Naomi," she told them.  "Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter.  I went away full, but the Lord has brought me back empty.  Why call me Naomi?  The Lord has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me."  Ruth 1:20,21 
 
Trials can either make us bitter or better. They can be viewed as learning experiences that enhances growth, knowledge, and therefore maturity.
 
A Pastor shared that while he was away on a speaking engagement his daughter who was a great athlete met in a tragic accident, and lost one of her leg. When he flew home and visited her in the hospital and said to her, "How are you?"  She said, "Dad you have always taught me not to dwell on that which I have lost but to be thankful for what I have remaining!" She was grateful for her one remaining leg.
 
The Bible encourages us to praise the Lord at all times, not just in the good times but even in the bad times.  When we go through trials, praises become a cloak of protection; a net of safety; a wall of protection; and a tower of strength. Praise protects our hearts from bitterness and keeps our souls alive for creativity, power, and solutions. Bitterness on the other hand causes barrenness to the soul; disease to the human spirit; and damage to the human body.
 
Our Choice: "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Ps. 34:1 NKJV) "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Ps. 69:30.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
I choose better over bitter. In everything I will give thanks and His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: 1 Chronicles 10-12; John 6: 45-71

@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment

@OeO Glam house