Thursday 21 September 2017

Jesus is your True Friend



"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend, who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24).
 
Friendship is a priceless gift.  Richard Exley says, "A true friend is one who hears and understands when you share your deepest feelings.  He supports you when you are struggling; corrects you gently and with love when you err; forgives you when you fall; prods you to personal growth and stretches you to your full potential.  And most amazing of all, he celebrates your successes as if they were his own." 
 
The song-writer Joseph Scriven wrote to comfort his mother when she was alone, "What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!  What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!"  Jesus was criticized for being a friend of sinners. He called a paralyzed man 'friend'.  He called Abraham, who had his list of bad experiences and mistakes, His friend.
 
He eventually called His disciples friends and said to them: "You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." 
 
Jesus is the Friend who will stick closer than a brother.  He is the ONE Perfect Friend that you can depend on forever. He will save you, help you, defend you, forgive you, provide for you, and protect you.  Most of all He will never leave you, betray you, nor forsake you.  He is your True Friend and Savior.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
Jesus Christ is my Savior, Friend, and King that I have trusted with my life.
 
Read the Bible in One Year: Ecclesiastes 10-12; Galatians 1.

@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment