Monday 28 November 2016

Glory in the Bible(November 28)

Glory in the Bible
"Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.  Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."  Psalm 119:36,37.
The books of the Bible were written by over forty different people and yet by only one Author, God.  God, by inspiration, used the pen of man to record His mind, His eternal plan, His purpose, and His thoughts towards you. 
 
I read that the Royal Albert Hall was filled some years ago with people who came in their thousands to render testimony to the value of the Bible.  Here is the testimony given by the Emperor Haile Selassie, exiled then from his land, Ethiopia: "From early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible, and my love for it increases with the passage of time.  All through life I have found it a cause of unfailing comfort...For myself I glory in the Bible." 
 
As you daily read the Bible let its words be a comfort to your soul, an instruction to your heart, and a motivation for your life.  The Bible contains the Word of Life - it is real, relevant, and alive.  Jesus is called "The Word", the Word is God.  As you daily read the Word, receive the Word, and obey the Word you will become the living word.  Yes, your life will become a living Epistle that others will see and know that God is real, relevant, and the only true security in our lives.
 
Kingdom Declaration:
I embrace God's Word to become my Word and anchor in my life.

@Dr Pat Francis
@chayil$

No comments:

Post a Comment